Monday, November 14, 2011

Jabra CRUISER2 Bluetooth In-Car Speakerphone

Following Customer's review 

This product was easy to set up and use. Battery life is excellent and sound quality while not perfect, is quite acceptable.
Enjoy using it and would recommend it to others as long as they are not looking for perfect sound. I have not used the FM funciton as my area is very saturated and I have not had luck with any equipment that uses this functionality.
The volume can be turned up quite loud and is very clear. People on the other side of the conversation told me that it sounded like I'm on a speakerphone but that is to be expected. Talk-time battery life is good, likewise with stand-by.

Construction Quality: 
The unit feels great. It's nice and solid, with satisfying weight. It clips on my visor with the wire that doubles as the FM transmitter (clever!) and just feels and looks nice. Setup: Pairing the device was as simple as a bluetooth headset. A robotic voice comes on when you first turn on the Jabra, walking you through the process. That same voice informed you that it has downloaded your phone book. To connect another phone, just hold down the phone button and the voice repeats the process. Easiest pairing I've ever experienced. The bluetooth will enunciate the names of incoming callers if they are in your phonebook. Setting up the FM transmitter to work was trivially easy. You hit a button on the side marked "FM" and the robot voice tells you the frequency to tune into (and a radio icon lights up). You can hit the + or - and the voice will announce a new frequency (these same keys control volume if you aren't using the FM mode).

Performance: 
The built in speaker is loud, but I much prefer using the FM transmitter. I'm really pleased with the noise cancellation. It's not perfect, but it is much easier to hear, and my wife says I'm easier to hear when I'm talking into this thing. The AD2P -> FM transmitter is a great bonus because my phone has a lot of music on it. The music sounds good, not great (you need a line in for better quality). Honestly, this is probably the biggest surprise for me because I usually hate FM transmitters. Bluetooth reception is also much better than the headsets I'm used to, probably because this device is a little bigger. I can leave my phone in my pocket and make and receive calls.

Battery Life: 
I have to be honest, I have only tested this for several hours at once between charging. It has been 'on' for 8 hours and handled at least 3 hours of talking without any problems for me, but I don't know how much longer it can last (I suspect much longer). I think I'll be better informed on how well the battery holds up after I've had it for a few months (I'll update this review). The device charges from a USB Micro cable and comes with a car charger adapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment